The S-M10 ACUMEN helmet is offered in a unique red finish which emphasizes the lines and architecture of Alpinestars' proven race helmet.
Alpinestars approach to the creation of the advanced technology in the Supertech M10 draws on its depth of experience from over half a decade of world class innovation across the spectrum of motorsports and especially, its deep-rooted commitment to motocross. As with all other categories of technology that Alpinestars has mastered, bringing a new, highly complex, product to fruition requires specialist experience and know-how and a project plan led by the best brains in protection development.
Hence Alpinestars Helmet Development Department was created and given the brief to research and develop the most protective, most comfortable and lightest possible motocross helmet.The goal was to allow riders to push the limits of performance, benefiting from confidence inspiring safety technology, reduced weight distribution to minimize muscular effort in the neck, shoulders and back and improved physiological and cognitive performance with a supremely well-fitting and well-ventilated construction, optimizing comfort while riding.
The design is coherent to Alpinestars philosophy and shares distinctive themes with other products in the portfolio; a smooth, attractive, profile which is streamlined and free of any external channels and features that might act as a load point in an impact, or compromise the overall integrity of the construction. The surface curvature promotes reduced friction on impact, allowing deflection and the most efficient transfer of energy to protect the rider’s head from direct force to the skull and referred to the neck and spinal column.The aperture is designed to accommodate a wide variety of goggles and the air vents in the shell are located to maximize ventilation efficiency.
The M10 shell has been profiled with performance as a priority and with a design style that identifies the profile of the helmet and its sculpted surface as uniquely ‘Alpinestars’.
Another key feature is the M10 shell sizing solution; each helmet fit size has its own appropriate shell size to deliver the most anatomical solution for the wide variety of fit needs worldwide.
• Carbon shell construction utilizes a highly advanced molding technology with a multi-composite combination:
• 3K, high density carbon outer layer that improves strength and efficiency of energy dissipation over the shell.
• UD carbon composite layer that gives significantly greater radial strength around the shell, preventing compression but allowing controlled deflection for reducing transmitted impact energy.
• Aramid fiber layer which provides critical penetration protection.
• This three-layer composite combination is given even greater performance with an epoxy resin bonding that offers the best possible strength and energy management.
• The combination of material layers gives improved energy management: limited outer shell deflection making the energy spread wider and better absorbed by the EPS liner.
• The result of the unique shell lay-up process employed in the M10 construction results in extremely effective impact protection.
• With a fully equipped helmet testing facility, within Alpinestars Racing Development Center, an exhaustive impact research program has resulted in the Supertech returning linear and oblique impact performance which far improves upon current helmet regulation standard limits.
• For direct, linear, impact by an average magnitude of 41% and for rotational acceleration, oblique, impact performance by an average of 48%.
• M10 in four anatomical shell sizes.
• The Supertech shell construction is optimized to offer best fit across the range of four size options.
Shell sizes are manufactured in small, medium, large and extra-large to ensure that riders have the correct fit which not only improves comfort but, most importantly, the effectiveness of the helmet in an impact.